Guiding good ideas
We are the technology transfer office in Bergen, supporting ten research institutions – including 4 000 researchers and 30 000 students. Our core strength is business development in a broad range of sectors such as oil and gas, aquaculture, marine technologies and medicine. We also provide incubator facilities, and help develop and execute clinical studies.
- BTO has provided me with critical advice to develop my ideas for children in Norway and around the world. They helped me to navigate between obstacles, making it possible to combine clinical work with research.
- BTO has been a crucial resource for our company’s well-being. They have had the expertise to guide us through the many pitfalls and challenges involved in starting up a company.
- BTO has been a valuable partner supporting BerGenBio in establishing a viable business, based on our deep understanding of the biology of aggressive cancers. They are straight forward to deal with and take a pragmatic approach in negotiations.
BTO in media
- 21.10.2016Bergens Tidende: «Sjøens Tesla» skal bidra til lavere arbeidsledighet
- 23.09.2016Kyst.no: Vil gjøre det enklere å gründe
- 19.09.2016Teknisk Ukeblad: Verdens største oljeselskap hjelper norske tekno-gründere
- 11.08.2016Bergensmagasinet: Viser vei i gründervinden
Projects in media
Innovation in media
- 17.10.2016Dagens Næringsliv: Gründerboom på NHH
- 14.10.2016Dagens Næringsliv: – Tap blir brukt mot deg. Det er ikke noe å lure på
- 14.10.2016Bergens Tidende: Matkasse-gründere med millioninntekt
- 07.10.2016Dagens Næringsliv: Forvirring om statlig englefond
Featured projects supported by BTO
A new conceptual treatment method consisting of a intensive 4-day programme for anxiety disorders.Read more
In purse seine fishing it is difficult to assess the catch before it is crowded on side of the fishing vessel. Releasing fish after crowding has received increased focus in recent years, as research has shown that crowded fish that are released have a low survival rate.Read more