Guiding good ideas
We are the technology transfer office in Bergen, supporting ten research institutions – including 4 000 researchers and 30 000 students. Our core strength is business development in a broad range of sectors such as oil and gas, aquaculture, marine technologies and medicine. We also provide incubator facilities, and help develop and execute clinical studies.
- BTO has provided me with critical advice to develop my ideas for children in Norway and around the world. They helped me to navigate between obstacles, making it possible to combine clinical work with research.
- BTO has been a crucial resource for our company’s well-being. They have had the expertise to guide us through the many pitfalls and challenges involved in starting up a company.
- BTO has been a valuable partner supporting BerGenBio in establishing a viable business, based on our deep understanding of the biology of aggressive cancers. They are straight forward to deal with and take a pragmatic approach in negotiations.
- 19.12.2018Bergens Tidende : Varsler kuldeperiode i Bergen fra midten av januar
- 10.11.2018Bergens Tidende: Forskeren som hoppet av
- 30.10.2018Reuters: Building a Silicon Valley of the sea
- 09.01.2019Dagens Næringsliv: TicketCo henter ti millioner euro for å pushe billetter i Europa
- 03.01.2019Bergens Tidende : Her får en ung student behandling for angst
- 29.01.2018Dagens Medisin: «Oppmuntrende» sikkerhetsdata i fase 2, melder BerGenBio
- 16.01.2018Dagen Medisin: – De ansatte skal ikke løpe fortere
- 15.01.2018ABC Nyheter: Høie går for «second opinion» i helsevesenet
- 09.01.2018Dagens Medisin: Studie viste god effekt av rituximab som førstevalg
Featured projects supported by BTO
One out of 10 000 children all over the world is born with the rare metabolic disorder phenylketonuria (PKU). Researchers from Bergen develops a treatment against the disorder, and their research are promising.Read more
In Norway, more than 3000 people get lung cancer each year. Approximately two thirds of them do not survive.Read more