Guiding good ideas
We are the technology transfer office in Bergen, supporting ten research institutions – including 4 000 researchers and 30 000 students. Our core strength is business development in a broad range of sectors such as oil and gas, aquaculture, marine technologies and medicine. We also provide incubator facilities, and help develop and execute clinical studies.
- BTO has provided me with critical advice to develop my ideas for children in Norway and around the world. They helped me to navigate between obstacles, making it possible to combine clinical work with research.
- BTO has been a crucial resource for our company’s well-being. They have had the expertise to guide us through the many pitfalls and challenges involved in starting up a company.
- BTO has been a valuable partner supporting BerGenBio in establishing a viable business, based on our deep understanding of the biology of aggressive cancers. They are straight forward to deal with and take a pragmatic approach in negotiations.
- 20.11.2017Bergensavisen: UiB-forskere vekker oppsikt
- 17.11.2017Dagens Næringsliv: Lei av å skrape bort is på bilen? Disse forskerne kan ha funnet en løsning
- 17.11.2017Universitetet i Bergen: Forskningsidé kan revolusjonere flyindustrien
- 17.10.2017Dagens Næringsliv: Oppskriften som gir rundt 50 gründerselskaper i året
- 25.10.2017Dagens Medisin: Vil synliggjøre innsatsen bak innovasjonene
Featured projects supported by BTO
cWater is a compact, robust, high accuracy and low cost salinity sensor that can be installed in harsh environments. This makes cWater versatile in a wide range of applications, especially within measurements of production flow with high water content.Read more
In Norway, more than 3000 people get lung cancer each year. Approximately two thirds of them do not survive.Read more
Seacalx AS is a start-up that originates from research at the Insitute of Marine Research (IMR) in Bergen. The company is based on the invention of Hans Kristian Strand and Torstein Harboe from IMR. The idea is to use a special form of particulate burnt lime against salmon lice.Read more