Guiding good ideas
We are the technology transfer office in Bergen, supporting ten research institutions – including 4 000 researchers and 30 000 students. Our core strength is business development in a broad range of sectors such as oil and gas, aquaculture, marine technologies and medicine. We also provide incubator facilities, and help develop and execute clinical studies.
- BTO has provided me with critical advice to develop my ideas for children in Norway and around the world. They helped me to navigate between obstacles, making it possible to combine clinical work with research.
- BTO has been a crucial resource for our company’s well-being. They have had the expertise to guide us through the many pitfalls and challenges involved in starting up a company.
- BTO has been a valuable partner supporting BerGenBio in establishing a viable business, based on our deep understanding of the biology of aggressive cancers. They are straight forward to deal with and take a pragmatic approach in negotiations.
- 22.05.2017Dagens Næringsliv: Gründere gode for 50 millioner
- 14.08.2017Dagens Næringsliv: Dette er Gudesens nye kjempeprosjekt
- 22.08.2017Dagens Medisin: Kreftforskere går tomme for pasienter
- 18.08.2017Dagens Medisin: – Det mangler investeringer i kliniske studier
- 17.08.2017Dagens Medisin: Nedgang på 30 prosent i antall kliniske studier
- 17.08.2017Dagens Medisin: – Helseforetakene har fått i oppdrag å styrke infrastrukturen
Featured projects supported by BTO
3D printing of scaffold is a method to replace or regenerate damaged bone fragments. The 3D printed scaffolds can be combined with stem cells to obtain optimal system for effective healing of even large fragments of defected or injured bones.Read more
Virgin Salmon is a project aiming to develop salmon without germ cells for farming. If this project succeeds, it will represent a solution to several aquaculture challenges.Read more